Beneficiary Engagement Committee
RGV ACO's Beneficiary Engagement Committee (BEC) coordinates with management to assist in the development of a successful accountable care organization. Each BEC member is selected by the Participant that he/she represents. Led by Board Manager, Mr. Jose Soto, the BEC members meet on a regular basis in an effort to fulfill the following goals and responsibilities:
1. Observe and identify needs and concerns of the ACO beneficiary population.
2. Promote patient empowerment and involvement in their health care issues.
3. Promote communication between patients and their health care providers.
4. Advocate on behalf of the beneficiaries of RGV ACO.
5. Identify community stakeholders for purposes of building outreach strategies for RGV ACO.
6. Recommend ideas for the development of health education materials.